- Does the bike feel wobbly and unstable to ride?
- How many kids fit in the bucket?
- Do you have a dealer in my area where I can test-ride a MADSEN?
- Can I put an electric assist on the MADSEN?
- Is this a good option for my disabled older child who cannot ride a bike on his/her own?
- What are the dimensions of the bike?
Tip to tip with wheel forward : 91Lx27Wx44H
Turned Handlebars (to fit in an elevator) : 79Lx27Wx44H
Turned Handlebars with front rack : 84Lx27Wx44H
- What are the dimensions of the bucket?
- What are the dimensions of the front rack?
The inside of the front rack measures 15.25Lx12Wx11H
- What is the height of the rain cover?
From the seat, the head-room at its lowest point is about 24 inches. It arches up like a tent, so at its highest point in the middle the head room is 29 inches. My 13-year old son has to lean forward just a bit or his head will touch at the low point.
- What is the weight capacity of the bike?
271 kilograms, or 600 pounds – this is rider plus cargo
- How do you transport a MADSEN with your car?
We recommend a 4-bike trailer-hitch bike rack, which will hold one MADSEN bike and one regular bike. You may also use a tandem bike roof rack, but we recommend you remove the bucket and put it inside the car to decrease weight on the roof. The bike also fits inside most SUV's and minivans, with the rear seats down.
- How long does it take to receive my bike after I place my order?
We ask that you allow 7-10 business days for the bike to ship, then 2-5 for delivery once it is shipped, depending on where you live.
- What do I need to do when my bike arrives in that big box?
- Inspect the bike box for damage before the delivery person leaves. Note any damage on the Shipping Bill.
- Unpack the box carefully.
- Attach the front wheel and adjust the handlebars to your liking.
- How do I install the front wheel once my bike is unpackaged?
- The tools that you need are located where the water bottle holder would be. There should be an Allen wrench(black) and the custom Madsen wrench(stainless).
- Use the Allen wrench to loosen the three bolts on the front fork. There should be two small bolts and one large bolt. (One behind the wheel lock and two on opposite sides of the fork)
- Put the fender through the fork and install the bolts.
- Loosen the nuts on the wheel by hand, so the wheel will fit into the fork.
- Making sure that the brake rotor is on the same side as the brake, install the wheel making sure that the washers are outside of the fork.
- Tighten the nuts with the Madsen wrench and you should be good to go.
- Does the width of the bucket make it difficult to ride through narrow places?
The bucket width is about the same width of the handlebars, so anywhere you feel comfortable fitting with the handlebars, the bucket will just follow.
- Do you ship internationally?
Yes. We are happy to ship anywhere. However, the size and weight of the box to ship a MADSEN bike can be very costly to ship overseas. We are happy to secure a shipping rate quote for you. Email your address to email@example.com and we will let you know what the cost would be to ship a bike to your country. If you would like to arrange your own shipping, international box dimensions are 80x36x27 with a shipping weight of 100 lbs.
- Do you make a tricycle version of the MADSEN?
- Do you have a local pick-up?
Yes. Select local pickup at checkout to save the cost of shipping. Our warehouse is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. 4650 South 148 West, 84107. We welcome visitors!
- Are there gears on the MADSEN?
Yes, there are nine gears. These are very helpful on the hills.
- Does the black bucket get hot?
Any color of bucket will get hot if you leave the bike in the sun for an extended period of time. The black will get slightly more hot than the others if left in the sun. We haven’t noticed much a difference with a black bucket or lighter colored bucket while riding in the sun. The air moving is sufficient to keep it cooled down.
- Can I order any color of bucket I want?
Yes, you may mix and match bucket colors on the bikes, as long as we have them in stock. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call and let us know if you prefer a different colored bucket than the one your bike comes with.
- Can I purchase just a bucket?
Yes, you may purchase a bucket for $250 plus shipping charges. Contact us via email for a shipping quote and to help you place an order.
- Do you ship APO?
No, unfortunately the box to ship the MADSEN bike measures outside the size and weight requirements for APO shipments.
- What is the best way to contact MADSEN Cycles?
- Does the bucket fit onto any regular old bicycle?
No. The bucket only fits onto a MADSEN bike, which it is specifically designed for.